Delights of Humble Lemon Curd
Not all foodies really understand what a versatile addition lemon curd is to the cook’s pantry— Danielle, Marketing Manager
Having just been in Australia and introducing our new recipe Lemon Curd to retailers and customers, I am reminded that many people don’t understand how to use curd and under estimate what a wonderfully delicious product it is. Lemon Curd (also known as Lemon Butter or Lemon Honey) delivers a delightful zesty and creamy sensation and can help make easy and delicious desserts.
A few of our favourites include: Fill a sweet short pastry base with curd and top with your choice of:
- strawberries dusted with icing sugar
- a glazed pastry lattice top
- a simple meringue top; or add some desiccated coconut for a tropical feel
- cream, curd and smashed gingernut biscuits (which soften become a little chewy and gooey)
- mascarpone, curd and broken sponge fingers…and add a colourful layer of berries to soak through the sponge fingers
- or try a breakfast version of thick vanilla bean yoghurt, curd and a crunchy granola or muesli.
- Layer cake and curd to create an impressive high cake for special occasions. Try a sponge, banana or even carrot cake for a difference.
- Spread lemon curd (and cream if you choose) between the cake layers and finish with a simple dusting of icing sugar.
- Or blend lemon curd to a cream cheese icing and spread between the cake layers and on top.