Apple Flora TartsPRINT RECIPE
- 3 medium size apples (Braeburn), cored and thinly sliced, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Anathoth Farm Plum Jam
- 1-2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- flour, for dusting
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease medium sized muffin tin.
- Cut apples in half lengthwise and remove the core. Thinly slice using a sharp knife.
- In a microwave safe bowl add sliced apples and lemon juice. Microwave for 40-60 seconds until soft.
- Place defrosted puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 5-6 strips, each approx. 2 inches wide.
- Brush the pastry with Plum Jam. If it needs thinning, heat for a few seconds in the microwave. Arrange 8-10 apple slices in a straight line in the middle of the pastry strips, overlapping each other slightly, skin side sticking up. Fold the bottom part of the pastry so the base of the apple slices are wedged between pastry, Roll the pastry to form the rosette. Seal the edge of the pastry by pressing it firmly.
- Put rosettes into muffin tin. Brush the tops with jam before putting into oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden and flaky.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve warm.