Apple & Tamarillo Crumble PiePRINT RECIPE
TIP: swirl a teaspoon of Tamarillo Preserve through unsweetened yoghurt for a delicious dollop on the side!
- 1 sheet Sweet Short Pastry, thawed
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp Grower Series Tamarillo Preserve
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 80g butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Press thawed pastry sheet into the sides and base of a pie dish. Cover with baking paper and fill the tart tin with baking beans or uncooked rice. Blind bake the pastry for 10 minutes. Remove the baking paper and baking beans, return the pastry to the oven and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a fry pan over a medium heat, saute diced apple, brown sugar and water. Cover and heat for approx 15 minutes until the apple is soft and the water has evaporated. Take off heat and stir tamarillo preserve through the cooked apple. Fill the pie dish with apple.
- In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, rolled oats and butter. Combine well. Generously sprinkle crumble over the apple.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with tamarillo yoghurt or icecream.