Apricot Pistachio SlicePRINT RECIPE
Makes 1 – 8″ x 8″ square slab (16 pieces)
Recipe and Photo by Sara @buttermilkpantry
- 125g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (70g) white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 60g Tbsp honey
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (270g) all-purpose ﬂour
- 50g + 20g pistachios, shelled and ﬁnely chopped
- 1/2 pot of Anathoth Farm Apricot Jam
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 8" square pan with baking paper.
- Beat butter, sugar, salt and honey together until creamy.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat for another minute.
- Add ﬂour and 50g chopped pistachios.
- Reserve approx 1/4 of dough and place into the fridge until needed.
- With the remaining dough, push into the base of the lined square baking pan and roughly poke with a fork to help preventing it rise into a dome in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread with Apricot Jam.
- Crumble the reserved dough over the top in clusters (pinch them together if they are smaller pieces or tear it apart if the pieces are big). Sprinkle roughly with remaining 20g chopped pistachios on top.
- Bake for a further 18 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool in tin fully before removing and slicing. Enjoy!