Autumn Harvest MeatballsPRINT RECIPE
No product matching your criteria.
Makes: 4-6 portions
Want to make your own sauce?
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 x 425g tin chopped tomatoes
- ¼ tsp salt & freshly cracked pepper
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Anathoth Farm Autumn Harvest Chutney
- 500g beef mince
- 1 large egg
- 6 cubes cheese (½ the size of a small egg)
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- In a bowl moisten bread crumbs with the milk.
- In the same bowl, mix in the olive oil, Autumn Harvest Chutney, mince and egg then divide into 6 balls.
- With wet hands push a cube of cheese into the centre of each and remould into evenly sized rounds.
- Place into a large frying pan drizzled with a little olive oil. Cook and brown for 3 minutes before turning over. Remove from heat.
- Partner with your favourite pasta dish or simply add the meatballs to a ready-made pasta sauce and serve with potatoes or rice and a salad.
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Cook onions, garlic, spices and oregano in olive oil for 4-5 minutes until soft, add tomato and stock, bring to a simmer.
- Pour sauce over the meatballs and bake for 45 minutes, taking care to spoon the tomato sauce over the meatballs every 10 minutes or so until cooked.
- Serve with hot buttered spaghetti and a shaving of Parmesan and fresh basil if you have it.