Bacon & Egg TartPRINT RECIPE
TIP: a great way use to up left-over ham, replace bacon with chunks of ham. Super-easy.
- flour, to dust
- 2 sheets store bought puff pastry
- 100g ricotta, crumbled
- 11 eggs
- 4 rashes of bacon, cut into 5 cm strips
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup Anathoth Farm Tomato Relish
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 parsley springs, leaves picked
- Spray tartlet tins with spray oil and dust with flour. Measure out 6 circles larger than 6 tartlet tins. Line tin with pastry, and trim edges. Refrigerate for 20 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line pastry with paper, and fill with dried rice or pastry weights. Bake for 15 mins, then remove paper and beans and cook a further 15 mins, until dry and lightly golden. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle over the ricotta cheese on the base of the tart.
- Crack an egg into each tartlet tin. Scatter pieces of bacon around each tart.
- Lightly whisk remaining eggs and cream together, and pour over the filling. Add 2-3 small dollops of Tomato Relish on each tart. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Stand on a tray and bake for 30-35 minutes, until set and golden. Serve warm, or at room temperature.
- Sprinkle parsley leaves on top of each tart and serve with a side salad.