Baked Chicken MeatballsPRINT RECIPE
Photo and recipe by Brodie The Hungry Babushka
- 3 slices white bread
- 500g chicken thigh mince (ask for this at your local butcher or use breast mince)
- 1 small brown onion, very finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 3 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Tomato Relish, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp dried sage
1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat a fan force oven to 200ºC. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Use a food processor to blitz bread slices to a fine crumb.
- In a large bowl combine breadcrumbs with chicken mince, onion, garlic, egg, almond meal, Tomato Relish and sage. Season then use clean hands to mix really well.
- Form into approximately 20 golf-ball sized balls then roll in dried breadcrumbs to coat. Transfer to prepared baking tray and spray with olive oil spray before baking for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with a generous bowl of Anathoth Farm Tomato Relish.