Baked Vegan Cheesecake SlicePRINT RECIPE
Photo & Recipe by I Am Co
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 225gm Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese (available from thecrueltyfreeshop.co.nz)
- Tbsp arrowroot or cornflour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Preserve of choice (we've used Blueberry Preserve)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- Soak the cashews in boiling water for 1 hour then drain & dry.
- Preheat oven to 175°C and line a 20 x 20cm baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add oats, almonds, sea salt, and coconut sugar to a high speed blender and mix on high until a fine meal is achieved.
- Add melted coconut oil, adding more if it's too dry. Pulse/mix on low until a loose dough is formed, scraping down sides as needed. You should be able to squeeze the mixture between two fingers and form a dough. If too dry, add a bit more melted coconut oil.
- Spread mixture evenly into the baking dish, press down firmly until it’s well packed.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then increase heat to 190°C and bake for 5-10 minutes more, or until the edges are golden brown and there is some browning on the surface. Remove from oven to cool slightly, then reduce oven heat to 160°C.
- Add drained cashews to a high speed blender with coconut cream, vegan cream cheese, arrowroot, vanilla, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and sea salt. Blend until very creamy and smooth.
- Pour filling over the pre-baked crust and spread into an even layer. Warm the preserve until it’s pourable. Drizzle the warmed preserve over the cheesecake and use a toothpick or similar spread through the mix a little more.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the edges look very slightly dry and the centre appears only slightly “jiggly”.
- Let rest for 10 minutes at room temperature, then transfer to refrigerator to let cool completely, preferably overnight.
- To serve, lift out of pan with parchment paper and cut into bars or triangles.