Beetroot FalafelsPRINT RECIPE
- 1 400g can chickpeas, washed and drained
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Anathoth Farm Beetroot Chutney
- 1 Tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp flour (or gluten free flour)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, to fry
- fresh ground pepper, to serve
- wedge of lemon, to serve
- Mash chickpeas with the back of a fork. Chop onion and garlic finely and add to bowl with coriander and chickpeas.
- Add beetroot chutney, tahini paste, salt and cumin, mixing well until combined. Sift in flour and fold evenly through the mix.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and dollop tablespoonfuls of mix onto the hot plate. Pan fry for 10 minutes over medium heat. Gently turn and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Crack fresh pepper to serve, along with a wedge of lemon for extra zing. Partner with whatever you fancy: pita bread, quinoa and salad.