Berry & Chia Pinwheel SconesPRINT RECIPE
Makes: 10 scones
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Recipe created for us by VJ Cooks
- 50g butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Anathoth Farm Berries & Chia Seed preserve
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C on fanbake.
- Heat butter in a microwave safe jug until just melted, add milk and set aside.
- Add flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder to a large bowl. Whisk all dry ingredients together.
- Create a well in the centre and gradually stir in the butter and milk mixture with a fork or flat butter knife. Fold together until all the dry ingredients are damp, add extra milk if needed.
- Dust the bench with flour then shape dough into a large ball. Knead lightly to combine.
- Shape into a rectangle then use a rolling pin dusted in flour to roll dough about 1-2 cm thick.
- Spread preserve evenly over the dough then roll up tightly. Cut dough into 10 even slices then place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the tops are lightly browned and the dough is cooked through.
- Serve warm with whipped cream and extra preserve.