Smashed Berry CupcakesPRINT RECIPE
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes approx
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Rhubarb & Red Berry Jam
- 250mls pouring cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, lightly mashed
- ½ cup Anathoth Farm Rhubarb & Red Berry Jam
- ½ cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 12 hole (1/3-cup) muffin pan with paper cases.
- Sift flour and baking powder into mixing bowl of an electric mixer. Add caster sugar, butter, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, beat on low until just combined. Beat for 3 minutes on high.
- Spoon tablespoons of mixture into bottom of paper cases, place ½ teaspoon of Rhubarb & Red Berry Jam in the centre of each, top with a heaped tablespoon of cake mixture to cover jam. Bake about 25 minutes , or until cake bounces back to touch. Repeat with any remaining mixture.
- In a small saucepan, over a low heat, combine orange juice and jam, stirring until smooth. Cool completely.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold the raspberries through.
- Remove cupcakes from paper cases. Serve topped with a dollop of cream, drizzle with syrup.