Berry Fruit Chocolate TrufflesPRINT RECIPE
Makes: 50 to 60
- 600g dark chocolate
- 60ml dark rum
- 30ml milk
- 200g unsalted butter, diced
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 300g flaked almonds
- 60g white chocolate
- ¾ cup Anathoth Farm Berry Fruit Mince
- Place chocolate, rum and milk in a bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Heat until chocolate is three-quarters melted. Add butter and stir until just melted.
- Remove from heat and add egg yolks. Stir until smooth. Then mix in Berry Fruit Mince.
- Refrigerate until firm, stirring occasionally to prevent butter rising to the surface. Using a teaspoon or melon-baller scoop out enough mixture to form 1.5 cm balls.
- Lay out almonds on a low-sided bun tray and bake at 150°C for 5 to 10 minutes or until the almonds are a pale golden colour.
- Place white chocolate in a bowl set over a pot of simmering water. When white chocolate begins to melt, remove from the heat and stir until smooth.
- Using a dipping swirl, dip truffles one at a time into melted white chocolate and shake to remove excess chocolate. Gently roll the truffles in the almonds until entirely coated. Place on a flat tray and refrigerate until set.