Berry PikeletsPRINT RECIPE
We’ve added a twist to the classic pikelet recipe by folding Anathoth Farm More Fruit, Less Sugar Berry with Chia preserve through coconut yoghurt to make this creamy breakfast stack. This is an easy weekend breakfast you and the family can enjoy making together.
Recipe and imagery by: @nourished_and_vibrant
- 3 tablespoons Anathoth Farm More Fruit, Less Sugar Berry with Chia preserve
- 1 cup standard flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup milk, approximately
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and sugar with a whisk until pale and thick.
- Add the egg mixture and the milk to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently heat a non-stick frying pan and drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture in to form perfect circles.
- When bubbles start to burst on the top of the pikelets, turn them over and cook the second side until golden. Move onto a clean tea-towel to cool.
- Fold 3 tablespoons of Anathoth Farm More Fruit, Less Sugar Berry with Chia preserve through 1 cup of coconut yoghurt. Spread an even layer between each pikelet stacked.
- Add berries to serve.