Black Bean & Quinoa Stuffed PumpkinPRINT RECIPE
Vegan-friendly, dairy-free and delicious.
TIPS: As an alternative swap out quinoa for rice; pumpkin for squash; Chow Chow for your favourite Anathoth Farm chutney.
- 1 small pumpkin
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup black beans, washed and drained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, as per packet instructions
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp tamarind paste
- 4 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Garden Chow Chow
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- sprigs of fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Line an oven dish with baking paper or foil.
- Carefully cut pumpkin in half horizontally. Scoop out seeds and use a spoon to scrape off any stringy fibres; discard.
- Rub pumpkin halves, inside and out with 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 40 minutes.
- Saute chopped onion in 1 tablespoon of oil for 3-4 minutes over medium heat until soft. Add black beans, cooked quinoa, tomato, tamarind paste and Garden Chow Chow to the pan and heat gently, stirring until combined.
- Fill pumpkin halves generously with filling; top with pine nuts and bake for a further 20 minutes until golden brown and pine nuts are toasted.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs to serve.