Blackberry SemifreddoPRINT RECIPE
Recipe & Photo by Jana @the_macpherson_diaries
Deliciously simple, this Blackberry Semifreddo recipe is is absolutely gorgeous and makes for the perfect dessert. Made with our Blackberry Jam – packed with the goodness of New Zealand blackberries.
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g caster sugar
- 400ml cream
- 1/4 cup Anathoth Farm Blackberry Jam
- Double line a 1.5-litre capacity loaf tin with cling film
- Place the egg, egg yolks, vanilla extract and sugar in a heatproof bowl and set it over a saucepan of simmering water. Using electric beaters, beat for about eight minutes until the mixture is thick and pale. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream until stiff. Fold in the pale egg mixture until combined.
- Pour half the mix into the prepared loaf tin.
- Add the jam to the creamy mixture and ripple it through a little. Add the remaining creamy mixture to the tin, cover with cling film and place in the freezer to set for six hours or overnight.
- To serve, turn the Semifreddo out on to a serving platter and carefully remove the cling film.
- You can serve with stewed or fresh fruit or an extra drizzle of jam.