Blueberry Balsamic MarinadePRINT RECIPE
Prep time: 5 mins
Recipe created for us by YUM
Our Blueberry Balsamic Marinade is delicious with smashed potatoes and salad (try a salad with leafy greens, apple, cheddar cheese and shredded wombok).
This marinade works well with pork, chicken, duck and beef. Give it a go with a piece of pork fillet – after marinating, sear the outside until browned, then cut pork into slices. Season slices with a little salt and pepper and return to pan until cooked through. Leave to rest while you prepare glaze.
- 1/2 cup Anathoth Farm More Fruit, Less Sugar Blueberry Preserve
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined.
- Reserve half the marinade and place remaining half in a clean, resealable bag. Add 600g
of your favourite meat. Ensure meat is well coated, seal bag and refrigerate for at least
half an hour, or up to 24 hours.
- Remove meat from marinade (discard marinade) and pan fry in a little olive oil, until
cooked to your liking. Place on a board, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Add reserved half of marinade to pan and cook until thickened into a glaze. Drizzle over
cooked meat to serve.