Cabbage, Chilli & Hemp Seed DumplingsPRINT RECIPE
Makes: 20 dumplings
Time: 1 hour
Recipe and photo by @nourished_and_vibrant
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 8 mushrooms, diced
- 2 Tbsp + 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Cabbage, Chilli & Hemp Seed Pickle
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- salt to taste
- 1 300g packet of dumpling wrappers (pastry)
- water, for dampening
- Prepare cabbage, carrot and mushrooms, then heat a fry pan and add 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Add minced garlic to the frypan and cook for 1 minute, then add the rest of the veggies and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add Cabbage, Chilli & Hemp Seed Pickle, tamari and salt to taste. Cook for further 2 minutes until the mixture is sticky and cooked completely.
- Take dumpling wrappers and place on a floured bench-top. Place a teaspoon of mixture in the centre of each wrapper. Wet fingers with water and dampen the outer edge of the dumpling round. Fold in half and crimp edges to form a half-circle.
- Repeat until all mixture is used up.
- Place 1/4 cup sesame oil in a frypan and once hot, add dumplings in groups of 6-8 (based on the size of your frypan). Shallow fry for 3-4 minutes each side.
- Once cooked, place dumplings on a paper towel to drain. Repeat until all dumplings are cooked.
- Serve with sweet chili dipping sauce and a side salad. YUM!