Cauliflower Feta FritterPRINT RECIPE
Fritters are an easy way to use up leftover vegetables and a family favourite. This recipe is paired with a dipping sauce made from our Anathoth Farm Cauliflower Pickle to boost the flavour and goodness.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 Tbsp milk
- ½ cup flour
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 600g cauliflower, finely chopped/grated
- salt, to sprinkle
- 6 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Cauliflower Pickle
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 125mls sour cream or thick Greek yoghurt
- 4 Tbsp finely chopped mint
- In a bowl, whisk egg and milk together, then add flour and whisk to a smooth batter. Set aside for at least 30 minutes. (You can also make the batter ahead of time and keep in the fridge for up to 3 hours.)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a low/medium heat and cook the onion, garlic and cauliflower, with a sprinkle of salt, for 10 minutes until softened. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, fold into batter, along with 4 tablespoons of the Anathoth Farm Cauliflower Pickle and crumbled feta. Stir to combine.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan over a medium/low heat and fry large spoonfuls of the mixture for 4-5 minutes each side until golden. Tip: Cook them in batches and keep warm in the oven until you’re ready to serve.
- To create a dipping sauce, stir the remaining 2 tablespoons of the Anathoth Farm Cauliflower Pickle through the sour cream or yoghurt, along with half of the mint.
- Serve the sauce on the side with the fritters scattered with the remaining mint. Enjoy with a salad of your choice.