Cauliflower Mac n CheesePRINT RECIPE
Tangy Cauliflower & Hemp Seed Mac n Cheese with Bacon – a taste of nostalgia with every mouthful. Using Anathoth Farm Cauliflower Pickle, this dish won’t let the family down!
Serves 4-6 as a side
- 1 1/2 cups macaroni
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 rashers streaky bacon, roughly chopped (omit for vegetarian)
- 1/2 cup Anathoth Farm Cauliflower Pickle
- 1 1/2 cups milk (add more if you prefer a creamier bake)
- 1 1/2 cup cheese, plus an extra cup for topping
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a small baking dish (roughly 15cmx25cm).
- Being a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add macaroni, reduce and cook for 8-10 minutes until al dente. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a medium saucepan until hot. Add onion, garlic and bacon and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until fragrant. Add Anathoth Farm Cauliflower Pickle, oat milk and cheese. Whisk cornflour with a little water to dissolve, then add to the saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking often, for 5 minutes until thickened. Add salt and pepper and stir through.
- Add macaroni and stir to fully combine, then transfer to prepared baking dish. Scatter over extra grated cheese, then bake for 35 minutes until the cheese is browned on top. Serve immediately.