Cheese & Tomato ScrollsPRINT RECIPE
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 3 cups self raising flour, sifted
- ½ tsp baking powder
- salt & cracked black pepper
- 50g chilled butter, chopped
- ¾ cup milk
- 1/3 cup Anathoth Farm Tomato Relish
- 1 ½ cups grated extra tasty cheese
- extra milk, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 210°C.
- Place flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a bowl and add butter. Using your fingertips, rub in butter until the mixture resembles rough breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre.
- Combine milk with 1/3 cup water. Pour the liquid into well. Using a flat bladed knife, cut through the flour mixture until it comes together as a rough dough.
- Tip dough onto a work surface dusted with flour and knead lightly until it can form a ball.
- Roll out the dough to a rectangle approximately 30 x 40cm in size. Spread with Tomato Relish then sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up from a short sides to form a cigar. Slice the roll into pieces approximately 4cm wide.
- Place scrolls close together on a baking tray lined with non stick baking paper so they are touching. Brush each scroll with a little extra milk.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through. If the scrolls start to brown too quickly cover with foil. Cool on a wire rack then break apart.