Cheesecake Easter EggsPRINT RECIPE
Recipe created for us by Iron Chef Shellie
- 12 hollow Easter eggs
- 1 cup Anathoth Farm Lemon Curd
- 50g white chocolate
- 20ml milk
- 170g cream cheese, softened
- 130g condensed milk
- 100ml thickened cream
- To make white chocolate cheesecake, place chocolate in a heatproof bowl; set over a saucepan of simmering water making sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl. Mix chocolate well until melted. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, blitz milk, cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth. Add white chocolate and pulse to combine.
- Whisk cream until stiff peaks form (careful not to over beat, or else you will end up with butter). Gently fold cream into chocolate cheesecake mixture.
- Fit a plain nozzle to a piping bag; fill piping bag with white chocolate cheesecake mixture and set aside.
- Unwrap Easter eggs and rest them in egg cups or shot glasses. Using a small pairing knife, dip the blade in hot water for a few seconds, wipe dry then gently remove the top off the Easter eggs. Repeat until all tops have been removed.
- Fill hollow eggs by piping in white chocolate cheesecake filling right up to the edge.
- Fill another piping bag fitted with a plain small nozzle with Lemon Curd. Pipe over white chocolate cheesecake mixture to form the egg yolk.
- Chill filled Easter eggs for at least 1 hour, allowing the cheesecake to set and then serve.