Cheesy Tamarillo & Plum Galette with BaconPRINT RECIPE
Our Cheesy Tamarillo & Plum Galette with Bacon recipe is perfect for a newbie baker, and for someone short on time. This dough can be prepared and kept in the fridge for a last minute dinner idea – just roll it out and add the toppings before cooking.
Serve with a side of greens for a light and tasty lunch or dinner.
- 1 1/2 cups rice flour
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200g cold butter, cubed
- 2 tbsp Anathoth Farm Tamarillo & Plum Chutney
- 50g grated cheddar
- 2 rashers bacon, roughly chopped
- 150g grated cheddar
- 3/4 cup Anathoth Farm Tamarillo & Plum Chutney
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- To make the pastry, pulse together all dry ingredients in a food processor to combine. Add the butter 1 cube at a time, and pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add chutney and grated cheddars and pulse until a dough forms. Wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly dust a large baking tray with gluten free flour.
- In a large frying pan, fry bacon in a little butter until crisp, or to your liking.
- Roll out pastry on floured tray, until 1-2cm thick. Spread relish evenly over the base (leaving a border of roughly 5cm). Sprinkle over grated cheddar, bacon and cumin seeds. Fold back the border of pastry to encase the filling (seal any cracks with water).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until pastry is lightly browned and crisp, and cheese is melted and nicely browned. Serve hot, with salad and extra relish on the side.