Cheesy Vegetable Scone SlicePRINT RECIPE
With a delicious scone base, a layer of Anathoth Farm Tamarillo & Plum Chutney topped with cheesy roast vegetables, this dish is a delight. Serve it warm straight from the oven with a side salad and extra chutney, or dip it into soup, or pop it into lunchboxes.
Recipe & Photo by Jana @the_macpherson_diaries
- 6 Tablespoons Anathoth Tamarillo & Plum Chutney
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups tasty cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon of chives or spring onions, chopped *optional
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped *optional
- 1/2 – 1 cup Milk
- 1 red capsicum, chopped to a 1-2 cm dice
- 1 yellow capsicum, chopped to a 1-2 cm dice
- 1 red onion, chopped to a 1-2 cm dice
- 1 zucchini, chopped to a 1-2 cm dice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven 220C.
- Toss the capsicum and red onion in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on an oven tray and into the oven to roast until just done. They will cook more when on top of the tart.
- While the vegetables roast, prepare the scone base.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Mix in 1 cup of grated cheese, chives/spring onion and parsley. Use a knife and cut liquid into dry ingredients. Turn mixture onto a lightly floured bench and gently knead.
- On a lined baking tray or baking tin, flatten out to form a rectangle about 2cm deep.
- Top with a layer of tamarillo and plum chutney, then the roast vegetables and sprinkle over the extra cheese.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for about 12-20 mins until golden.
- When serving, slice and serve with extra chutney on the side.