Chickpea CurryPRINT RECIPE
Vegan-friendly and dairy free this vegetarian curry is mild and suitable for the whole family. Adapt to include seasonal greens such as broccoli, peas or carrot.
Recipe & Photo by Julie Legg: www.rediscover.co.nz • Facebook
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup Anathoth Farm Autumn Harvest Chutney
- 3 Tbsp tandoori curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 400g can chickpeas
- 4 small new potatoes, finely sliced
- 1 cup spinach or silverbeet greens, shredded
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water, if required
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan, add onions and garlic. Cook over low-medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until soft.
- To the saucepan add Autumn Harvest chutney, tandoori paste and coconut milk. Stir until well combined and simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- Drain and wash chickpeas and add, along with sliced potatoes, to the saucepan. Simmer for approx 10 minutes.
- Finally add shredded spinach and cherry tomatoes. Allow greens to wilt and tomatoes to warm through (approx 5 minutes). If the curry thickens, add water to thin its consistency.
- Serve with rice.