Chilli Cheese Pull Apart BreadPRINT RECIPE
- ½ pot Anathoth Farm Sweet Chilli Relish
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 75g feta cheese, crumbled
- Anathoth Farm Sweet Chilli Relish, to serve
- butter, at room temperature, to serve
- 500g high grade flour
- 1.5 x 7g packets of dried yeast
- 300ml luke warm water
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- ½ tsp table salt
- Sift flour into a bowl and make a well in the middle. Add yeast, half of the water, sugar and salt. Fold the flour from the outside of the bowl into the middle, using a fork. Mix until it forms a stodgy dough. Add the remaining water and combine well using your hands.
- Turn the dough onto a well-floured surface. Knead for approximately 5-10 minutes. Form the dough into a ball and place into an oiled, floured bowl and cover with a damp tea towel. Leave for one hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Knock the air out of the dough ball by using your fist. Turn onto a floured surface, then knead until smooth and elastic, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle (approximately 40 x 24cm) then brush the dough with Sweet Chilli Relish and sprinkle with feta and mozzarella cheese.
- Trim the edges to make a straight side of the rectangle and discard any scraps. Using a sharp knife, cut the rectangle into 4 x long, equal strips. Stack the strips on top of one another and then cut the strips into halves, to make a total of 16 squares.
- Grease a baking loaf tin, approximately 20 x 12cm, with oil and flour. Stack the squares against each other, cut-sides down, there will be extra space on both sides. Lightly cover the pan with a dry tea towel and let it prove for 1 hour.
- Line a large, flat, rectangular baking tray with oven-proof paper and tightly roll the dough into a log. Using a sharp knife, make a long cut up the centre of the roll, leaving, approximately 3-5cm uncut at the top. Plait the two lengths together, pinching the ends to seal and place onto the prepared tray. Lightly cover the pan with a dry tea towel and let it prove for 1 hour.
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 200°C, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly springy to touch.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, remove from tray, and serve with butter and additional Sweet Chilli Relish.