Chilli & Tomato MusselsPRINT RECIPE
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Recipe created by Martyna the Wholesome Cook
- 1kg fresh mussels (cleaned and debearded)
- 3/4 cup Anathoth Farm Tomato Relish
- 1/4 cup apple cider or white wine
- 2-3 Tbsp Sambal chilli paste (or 1-2 finely chopped long, red chillies)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Place mussels in a colander and rinse under cold running water for 2 minutes, removing any shell bits and impurities. Shake off excess water.
- Heat oil in large a heavy-based pan or wok until hot. Add garlic and mussels. Stir fry for 1 minute. Add cider, Tomato Relish and chilli paste. Stir for another minute, then cover and cook on high heat for a further 3-4 minutes, or until most mussels have opened up (discard any that don’t open).
- Transfer mussels and sauce into serving bowls and serve with crusty sourdough bread rolls (gluten free).