Chow Chow PinwheelsPRINT RECIPE
Makes approximately 10
- 400g flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 150ml milk
- 100g butter
- 250g Anathoth Farm Garden Chow Chow
- 1/2 tsp salt
- paprika to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Rub in softened butter until mixture becomes a breadcrumb-type texture.
- Make a well in centre of the dry ingredients and add milk, using a knife to mix. Knead lightly (it will resemble scone dough).
- Roll out the dough to form a rectangle shape.
- Spread Garden Chow Chow generously over the top of dough. Roll into one large log, then cut into pinwheels (approx 10).
- Place face up onto a cold baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Beat egg and brush top of pastry with the wash, then sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook for approximately 10-12 minutes.