Classic SconesPRINT RECIPE
Serve with Anathoth Farm Raspberry Jam and whipped cream.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 25g butter or margarine
- ¾ - 1 cup milk
- Anathoth Farm Raspberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Rub in butter until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in ¾ of the milk. Mix with a knife to a soft dough, adding extra milk if necessary.
- Turn dough into a lightly floured board and knead gently 3 – 4 times.
- Roll or pat out to 2cm thickness.
- Cut into 4 cm squares and place on ungreased oven trays.
- Place in oven and bake 10 – 12 minutes.