Corn, Bacon & Tomato FrittataPRINT RECIPE
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- A scrumptious way to use up leftovers (ham, bacon and cooked vegetables) served as a side or a main.
- If traveling, cover frittata with foil, or slice into wedges and transfer to an airtight container. Any remaining frittata can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 125g bacon, chopped
- 1/3 cup corn kernels
- 1/3 cup cream
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup self raising flour
- salt & cracked black pepper
- ½ cup Anathoth Farm Tomato Relish
- green salad, to serve
- extra Anathoth Farm Tomato Relish, to serve
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Place eggs in a bowl and combine with bacon, corn, cream, cheese and parsley.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the egg mixture. Stir until fully combined and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into a 6-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Place in the oven for 10 minutes (the frittata will just be starting to firm up around the edges), then remove and dollop spoonfuls of Tomato Relish over the surface of frittata, swirling slightly with a flat bladed knife.
- Return to oven and continue baking for 25 minutes or until firm and golden. Remove and set aside to cool. Serve warm or refrigerate until needed.