Cream Cheese TrufflesPRINT RECIPE
Makes: approx 16
Preparation time: 15 minutes plus 20-30 minutes chilling time
- The coating suggestions are for 8 truffles, so you can double the amount to coat them all in one, or make 8 of each.
- They can also be rolled in your favourite nuts or slivered almonds.
- Almond meal can be replaced by hazelnut meal if you can find it on the shelves.
- We recommend wearing plastic gloves for rolling the truffles.
- Store coated truffles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- 250g cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp almond meal (or 2 Tbsp coconut flour if allergic to nuts)
- 1/3 cup Anathoth Farm Traditional Fruit Mince
- ½ cup slivered almonds OR
- 75g dark chocolate, chopped finely
- Mash together cream cheese, almond meal and Traditional Fruit Mince until combined.
Place in fridge for 10 minutes to chill.
- Remove cream cheese mixture from the fridge. Put on some plastic gloves and roll the
mixture (about a tablespoon at a time) to form 16 balls.
- If coating with slivered almonds: roll each truffle in slivered almonds, pressing them in gently.
Arrange on a serving plate, cover with cling film and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until
- If coating with chocolate: either lightly roll in chocolate crumbs, or if melted chocolate: place truffles in the freezer for 20 minutes; melt chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave (in 3 x 20 second bursts). Mix gently to melt any remaining chunks. Roll each frozen cream cheese ball in the chocolate and transfer onto some baking paper with a fork. Allow to set before serving.