Greens, Beans & Gnocchi StewPRINT RECIPE
Vegetarian, Dairy-Free and Vegan-Friendly
Recipe & Photo by Julie Legg: www.rediscover.co.nz • Facebook
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into florettes
- 3 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Spicy Green Tomato Relish
- salt to taste, optional
- 1 cup greens (silverbeet, spinach or chard)
- 1 x packet of gnocchi
- 1 x tin of cannellini beans, drained
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh herbs, to garnish
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat olive oil and gently saute garlic for 3-4 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, cauliflower florettes and Spiced Green Tomato Relish. Stir well and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Remove hard stalks from your greens, roughly chop the leaves and add to the saucepan. Allow to wilt for several minutes.
- Remove from heat and use a stick blender (or in batches in a food processor) blend to a creamy texture.
- Place saucepan and creamy sauce back onto the stovetop. Add gnocchi, cannellini beans and season with freshly ground black pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes, gently stirring so nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread, garnished with fresh herbs.