Jam & Almond Thumbprints
- 230g butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups cooking nuts, (process more in food processor)
- non stick cooking spray
- approx 1/2 cup of your favourite Anathoth Farm jam
- icing sugar (optional)
BACK TO RECIPES
- In a mixer bowl, beat together butter and sugar until creamy
- Add egg yolks, lemon peel, vanilla extract, salt; beat well
- Mix in flour and 1/4 cup of nuts until blended
- Gather into a ball; cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour
- Heat oven to 190C. Lightly coat baking sheet with non stick spray or line with parchment paper. Shape dough to form 3cm balls; roll into remaining cup of nuts to coat lightly and place on baking sheet
- Using your thumb or a wooden spoon handle, make a depression in each cookie. Fill with 1/2 teaspoon of Anathoth Farm jam. Bake 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Cool on baking sheet 5 mins; sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.
- Transfer to wire racks, cool completely. Store in an airtight container.