Jammy Coconut SlicePRINT RECIPE
Recipe and Image by Lauren Marino (@lm_nutrition)
- 2/3 cup almonds
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ + 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- ¼ + ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Anathoth Farm Raspberry Jam
- 5 figs, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°c fan-forced.
- Using a food processor, blitz almonds then add butter, coconut flour, 1/4 cup desiccated coconut and plain flour to combine. Add honey and milk so the dough is formed.
- Press the base into a lined tin, approx. 20cm by 30cm
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top becomes golden. Remove the base and cool for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 180°c.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, 2 cups desiccated coconut, 1/4 cup sugar and mix well with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Spread Raspberry Jam over the base evenly and then pour the egg batter over the jam. Use the back of a spoon to gently spread it evenly. Place the figs over the topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden brown all over. Leave to cool before serving.