Kumara & Fish PiePRINT RECIPE
- 600g golden kumara
- ¼ cup milk, warmed
- 15g butter
- 4 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Caramelised Onion Relish
- ½ cup grated cheddar or emmental cheese
- ¼ cup dried white breadcrumbs
- ½ Tbsp picked fresh thyme leaves, optional
- 500g firm white fish fillets, skinned and boned
- 15g butter
- 2 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Caramelised Onion Relish
- 2 good handfuls of spinach, stalks removed, well washed
- 30g butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- ¼ cup grated cheddar or emmental cheese, optional
- Cook kumara in saucepan of salted boiling water for 15-20mins until tender. Drain then mash; beat in milk, butter and Caramelised Onion Relish. Season.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease a medium-sized ovenproof dish.
- Cut fish into even-sized pieces, (about 5cm). Heat frying pan over medium heat. Add butter. When sizzling add fish in batches; lightly brown on both sides. Transfer to dish. Spread 2 Tbsp Caramelised Onion Relish over fish.
- Wipe down frying pan and add spinach and a splash of water. Allow to wilt and soften, then sieve to remove excess water. Once drained place on top of fish.
- Melt butter in heavy-based saucepan and add flour, stirring until you have a paste (roux). Cook over medium heat until roux is pale golden colour. Add warmed milk and stir continuously until thick. Season and stir in grated cheese.
- Spoon sauce over fish, relish and spinach. Spoon kumara topping onto sauce; mix cheese and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over top. Place in oven and cook for about 25 mins until golden, hot and bubbling.