Lavender & Blueberry Chocolate CakePRINT RECIPE
Makes: 2 small cakes or 1 large cake
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Recipe & photo by @nourished_and_vibrant
- 2 x 400g tins coconut cream
- 2 1/2 cups soy milk
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup light olive oil
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- 4 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp Anathoth Farm More Fruit, Less Sugar Blueberry Preserve
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil (therapeutic grade)
- grated 70% dark chocolate, to garnish
- The night before, refrigerate both coconut cream tins.
- The next day, preheat oven to 180°C on bake and line or grease 2 x 20cm cake tins. If using only one tin, cook each layer one at a time. Whisk together soy milk and apple cider vinegar in a bowl. Set aside for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, stir together olive oil, sugar and vanilla. Add to milk mixture and whisk until it becomes slightly foamy.
- Sift together flour, cacao and baking powder, then add this to wet mixture.
- Pour mixture between 2 cake tins and place in the oven for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the tin. Carefully transfer to a wire cooling rack. Ensure cakes are completely cool before icing.
- Transfer the hardened coconut cream (only remove the cream, leaving the liquid) from both tins into a bowl and whip with electric beater until whipped cream consistency (takes 4-5 minutes). Add Blueberry Preserve and lavender essential oil, then whip for another 30 seconds until combined.
- Use half the cream mixture to 'ice' one cake, then place the second cake on top and use the remaining cream to ice the top layer. Sprinkle with grated chocolate.