Leftover Lovers Sausage RollPRINT RECIPE
Makes: approx 24 sausage rolls
A tasty way to use leftover veggies in a delicious homemade sausage roll, we’ve used Anathoth Farm Caramelised Onion relish to add sweetness, texture and added oommph.
- 450g sausage meat
- 1 cup leftover veggies, grated or finely diced
- 2 courgettes, grated
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh herbs
- 3 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Caramelised Onion Relish
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- 3 sheets flaky puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, to brush pastry
- Preheat oven to 2oo°C. Line a baking tray with grease-proof baking paper.
- Combine sausage meat, vegetables, garlic, herbs and relish in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined (clean wet hands will help).
- Cut thawed puff pastry sheets in half.
- Measure approx 1/2 cup of sausage meat mixture and create a long row of filling along the length of one piece of pastry, approx 2cm from one edge (this will allow the pastry edges to overlap once rolled over the sausage meat mixture).
- Before rolling, brush long edges of pastry with a little water. Roll to create a long tube. Repeat for remaining half sheets of pastry.
- Whisk egg in a bowl. Brush pastry tops with egg mixture.
- Cut sausage rolls into desired size, place on baking tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.