Lemon Cream EclairsPRINT RECIPE
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- These eclairs are best eaten fresh but will keep in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- In a small saucepan, place butter and water and heat over medium low heat until the butter has melted. Add flour, remove saucepan from heat and stir the flour into the liquid vigorously until it forms a pastry ball.
- Transfer the pastry ball into a bowl and add egg. Using a whisk or an electric mixer on low, beat the egg into the pastry until it is fully incorporated and the pastry is elastic and glossy.
- Transfer the pastry into a piping bag and pipe 4 (8cm) logs onto a baking paper-lined tray, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake pastries for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) and bake for another 8 minutes. Once ready, leave the pastries in the oven with the door ajar for another 2 minutes. Remove the pastry logs from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting and filling.
- Using a whisk, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Add Lemon Curd and continue whipping until cream forms stiff peaks. Cut eclairs in half length-ways. Spoon a quarter of the cream into the bottom part of each éclair, cover with the other half and then glaze the top with extra curd.