Lemon Crepe CakePRINT RECIPE
- 8 large eggs
- 720ml milk
- 480ml water
- 600g plain flour
- 170g melted butter
- butter, for coating the pan
- 1 cup pouring cream
- 1/4 cup Anathoth Farm Lemon Curd
- icing sugar, to serve
- fresh berries, to serve
- Combine eggs, milk, water, flour and melted butter in a blender and pulse for 10 seconds. Place the crepe batter in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. (This allows the bubbles to subside so the crepes will be less likely to tear during cooking.) The batter will keep for up to 48 hours.
- Heat a small non-stick pan. Add butter to coat. Pour 2-3 tablespoons of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook for 30 seconds and flip. Cook for another 10 seconds and remove to the cutting board. Lay them out flat so they can cool, you can stack the crepes, they will not stick to each other. Continue until all batter is gone.
- Whip the pouring cream until stiff peaks form (be careful not to over whip, or you’ll make butter!)
- Gently fold Lemon Curd into whipped cream. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Stir before using.
- To assemble, place 1 crepe on a flat serving dish. Spread about 1 heaped tablespoon of the whipped lemon cream on top of the crepe. Continue layering the crepes and whipped lemon cream, ending with a plain crepe on top. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm.
- To serve, dust icing sugar of the top of the assembled crepe cake, and top with fresh berries.