Lemon Curd Ice Cream SandwichesPRINT RECIPE
INGREDIENTSLEMON CURD ICE CREAM
- 200g Anathoth Farm Lemon Curd
- 600ml thickened cream
- 125g icing sugar
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 220g plain flour
- 80g cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 190g butter, at room temperature
- 100g caster sugar
- 25g brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
METHODLEMON CURD ICE CREAM
- Line a cake pan with baking paper, a 24cm x 30cm cake pan if you're making ice cream sandwiches, or a loaf pan for just the ice cream; clear a level space in the freezer for the cake pan, leave the pan in the freezer while you prepare the ice cream.
- Sift icing sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer, add lemon curd, lemon juice and zest, and using the paddle attachment, beat until smooth.
- Switch to the whisk attachment, add the cream, and whip until soft peaks form. Pour the ice cream mixture into to the chilled cake pan, smooth the top, cover with cling wrap and return to the freezer for a least 6 hours, or overnight. The ice cream will keep covered in the freezer for up to a week.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper, set aside.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl, set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars together until the colour has lightened and the mixture is fluffy, add the egg yolk, beat again to combine.
- Tip half the flour mixture into the butter mixture, with the mixer on low, mix to combine. Add the remaining half of the flour mixture, mix until it forms large clumps of dough.
- Tip onto a lightly floured work surface and knead gently until smooth, wrap in cling wrap, pat into a disc shape and pop into the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan).
- Take biscuit dough out of the fridge and let is sit on the bench for about 5 minutes to soften slightly. Lightly flour the bench and a rolling pin, roll the dough until it is approximately 4mm thick; using an 8cm round cutter, cut rounds from the dough and place 9 on each of the baking trays.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until just firm, turning the trays after 10 minutes.
- Leave the cookies on the trays until completely cool.