Lemon Curd Meringue NestsPRINT RECIPE
Recipe & Photos by Jana @the_macpherson_diaries
- 2 large egg whites
- 110 grams caster sugar
- mini Easter Eggs
- 200mls cream, whipped
- 8 tsp Anathoth Farm Lemon Curd
- Preheat oven to 150°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
- To make meringues, place egg whites in a large bowl and, using an electric hand whisk on a low speed, begin whisking.
- Continue for about 2 minutes until the whites form soft peaks, then switch the speed to medium and carry on whisking for 1 more minute. Now turn the speed to high and continue whisking until the egg whites reach the stiff-peak stage. Next, whisk sugar in on fast speed, a little at a time (about a dessertspoon), until the mixture has firm peaks and is glossy.
- Spoon a heaped dessertspoon of the mixture on to the prepared baking sheet, repeat - spacing each meringue evenly.
- Using the back of the spoon hollow out the centres. Don't worry if they are not all the same shape – random and rocky is perfect!
- Place baking tray on centre shelf of oven, immediately reduce the heat to 140°C, then bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn oven off and leave the meringues to dry out in the warmth of the oven until it is completely cold (usually about 4 hours) or overnight.
- To assemble the nests, start with whipped cream, add a teaspoon of lemon curd and top with Easter eggs, serve immediately and enjoy!