Lemon & Poppyseed MuffinsPRINT RECIPE
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Lemon Icing: Drizzle ¼ tablespoon of Lemon Curd over each muffin.
- Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting: Using an electric mixer or whisk, beat 200g cream cheese and 3 tablespoons of Lemon Curd until well combined. Spread the icing over cooled muffins or serve on the side as an optional addition to the treat.
- 90g butter, melted
- ⅛ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Greek natural yoghurt
- ⅓ cup Anathoth Farm Lemon Curd
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ Tbsp poppyseeds
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- zest from ½ lemon
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced, 350°F, gas mark 4).
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugar. Add yoghurt, Lemon Curd, milk and egg and continue to whisk until the mixture is well combined and no egg lumps remain. Add flour and mix to incorporate it into the batter.
- Divide mixture between 8 patty case-lined muffin tray holes. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins have risen and the tops are starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with lemon zest and serve.