Lemony Eton MessPRINT RECIPE
- This is a perfect post-Christmas dessert to use up left over meringues, perfectly smashed! This leaves just the basic ingredients of cream, Lemon Curd and berries. Easy!
- 3 large egg whites
- 150g caster sugar
- 6 Tbsp icing sugar
- 600ml whipping cream
- 1 pot Anathoth Farm Lemon Curd
- 125g blueberries
- Preheat oven to 120°C or 100°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking sheets with grease-proof paper.
- Beat egg whites using an electric whisk until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, a tablespoon at a time, whisking well after each addition until all the sugar has been added.
- Continue to whisk the meringue for a few minutes more until it is very thick and glossy and forms stiff peaks.
- Fit a piping bag with a large, plain or star nozzle and fill the piping bag with the meringue mixture; twisting the top closed. Pipe small dollops, slightly spaced apart on the prepared trays.
- Bake for about 1 hour, swapping the trays over at 30 minutes. They are ready when they can be lifted off the paper in one piece. If the bottom comes away they aren't ready yet.
- To assemble: Add icing sugar to the cream and whip until soft peaks form.
- Add a layer of meringues to the bottom of four glasses. Top with a spoonful or two of Lemon Curd, a few blueberries and some cream. Repeat until you have reached the top of the glass, and crush a meringue on top. Serve immediately.