Louise CakePRINT RECIPE
Another Kiwi classic. We use coconut threads and Anathoth Farm Boysenberry Jam in our Louise Cake. Delicious!
- 100g butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup Anathoth Farm Boysenberry Jam (or your favourite flavour)
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup coconut threads
- Line a 24cm x 30cm baking tin with baking paper. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until creamy. Add egg yolks and vanilla and mix well. Sift the flour and baking powder together and mix into creamy mixture.
- Spread mixture in the prepared tin. Spread with Boysenberry Jam.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add sugar and beat until stiff. Add coconut to egg white mixture and spread over jam.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Cool in tin, then cut into slices before serving.