Lovely Lemon BiscuitsPRINT RECIPE
These Lovely Lemon Biscuits with Anathoth Farm Lemon Curd are perfect to have with a cup of tea, but also make such a wonderful gift.
Recipe and image by: @Jana MacPherson
- 1 ¾ cups white flour
- ½ cup icing sugar
- ½ cup custard powder
- 150 grams butter, room temperature, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon milk (to have on hand in case the mix is too dry)
- Anathoth Farm Lemon Curd
- In a large bowl, sift flour, icing sugar & custard powder.
- Rub in the butter until the mix resembles bread crumb texture.
- In a small bowl, mix egg & vanilla, add this to the flour mixture.
- With a butter knife, cut the mixture to form a soft dough.
- On a clean bench, turn the mix out and bring it together with your hands to form a dough. If it is a little dry, add 1 teaspoon of milk, but it is a buttery mix, so only add a little milk to help it form.
- Wrap & refrigerate for 1 hour to chill.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- After time in the fridge, unwrap and turn out onto a lightly floured bench.
- With a rolling pin, roll out to around 2-3 mm. we want them thin as two biscuits will be stuck together.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Cut into your shapes, I have used hearts, stars are lovely too. You need a base biscuit, then one on top with a piece cut out that you will see the lovely yellow lemon curd through.
- Place the biscuits on the trays and bake for 8-10 mins, only until lightly golden.
- Cool on the trays for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Once fully cooled, place a teaspoon of lemon curd in the middle and sandwich the biscuits together.
- Store in an airtight container.