Marmalade & Coconut CakePRINT RECIPE
Recipe created for us by Martyna the Wholesome Cook
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour (try almond meal for a gluten free alternative)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Marmalade (any flavour)
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup milk
- 125g melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Breakfast Marmalade
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced, 350°F, gas mark 4).
- CAKE MIX: grease a 20cm round cake tin. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Pour batter into the tin. Bake for 40 minutes. When cooled, remove the rim and transfer cake to a cooling rack.
- SYRUP: combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil then simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring, until the mixture is reduced and syrupy. Allow to cool to room temperature before serving.
- To serve, drizzle syrup over individual cake slices when serving.