Mexican Stuffed Chilli CapsicumsPRINT RECIPE
- Cook’s tip: with the remaining relish in the jar you could put a little spoonful on the cooked mix and then top with cheese.
- Also you could use crumbled feta cheese (left-over) on top as well as the grated cheese for an extra degree of flavour.
- For a vegetarian option, replace beef mince with black beans and mushroom, delicious!
The great advantage of this recipe is that the Anathoth Sweet Chilli Relish makes it so easy to use up left-over rice, an affordable amount of mince and great seasonal vegetables like capsicums and makes it a super dinner!
- 3-4 capsicum, halved and deseeded
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 brown onion, chopped
- 300g beef mince
- 390g tin four bean mix, rinsed and drained
- 130g Anathoth Farm Sweet Chilli Relish
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- chopped spring onions, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place capsicums (deseeded and halved lengthways) on tray and cook for 15 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion and cook stirring for 2 minutes until onion begins to soften, then add beef mince and let that cook for another 2-3 minutes. Use a fork to break up the mince and cook until mince is browned and fragrant.
- Add bean mix, Sweet Chilli Relish, water and rice, stir to combine, and allow to simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Fill capsicums with mince mixture, dependent on the size of your capsicums. Scatter with cheese and bake for 25-35 minutes or until golden.
- Place onto a large serving board, scatter with chopped shallots and serve with additional Sweet Chilli Relish.