Muffin FrittatasPRINT RECIPE
Makes: 12 medium sized muffin frittatas
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
The beauty of muffin frittatas – they are perfect for almost every left overs! Think left over ham, cooked and raw vegetables, roast meats, herbs – the options are endless. While one big batch can be made in a cast-iron skillet and be sliced up like a savoury cake, having them cooked in muffin tins are convenient for single serves and snacks on the run.
- For an extra fluffy frittata, beat the egg white separately then fold into the rest of the mixture.
- If using spinach (from frozen or freshly blanched) be sure to squeeze out all the water first.
- leek & potato, a dash of lemon zest, with generous garnish of rocket
- peas, mint leaves and feta cheese
- roast pumpkin, haloumi, diced tomato, Morrocan chickpeas
- grated zucchini, carrot and parsnip
- sauteed potato, olives, sundried tomato, red onion
- asparagus, artichoke, mozzarella and zucchini
- pasta with broccolini and blue cheese
- kalette, potato, sundried tomato and turmeric
- corn, mushrooms, red onion, black beans, tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- oil, to saute
- 6 small boiled potatoes, diced
- 10 green beans, diced
- Anathoth Farm relish of your choice
- fresh cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 100g feta
- fresh herbs, optional
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- grated cheese or Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease muffin tins.
- Over medium heat, saute onion and capsicum in a little oil for a few minutes until soft. Add diced cooked potatoes and green beans and saute for a further 5 minutes.
- Transfer spoonfuls of cooked vegetables into muffin tins, approx 2/3rds full.
- On top of the vegetables, dollop small amounts of relish and place cherry tomatoes.
- In another bowl beat eggs and fold in crumbled feta. Season with salt and pepper and add fresh herbs if you have them handy.
- Top the muffin tins with egg mixture, then sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving, or transferring to an air-tight container.