Mushroom & Feta Calzone with CapsicumPRINT RECIPE
- Pizza dough for 1 pizza
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium green capsicum, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 75g portobello mushrooms, thickly sliced
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- 100g mozzarella, grated
- ¼ cup Anathoth Farm Pizza Sauce Tomato with Capsicum
- 75g feta
- Preheat oven to its highest temperature (I used 250°C fan-forced), or prepare a pizza oven.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over high heat until hot. Add onion, garlic and capsicum. Saute for 3 minutes until beginning to brown. Add smoked paprika and cook for another minute, stirring, until browned and fragrant.
- Add salt and mushrooms, reduce heat and cook for another 2 minutes, until their juices have released.
- Roll out pizza dough to roughly 5cm thick. Spread pizza sauce over one half, leaving a 2cm border around the edge. Sprinkle over half of the mozzarella, followed by the sauteed vegetables. Sprinkle over remaining mozzarella, and crumble over feta. Fold over the other half of pizza dough, then bring the underneath edge over the top and press. You may need to use some water to seal.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (watch carefully as it can burn easily), or until puffed up, cooked through and dark brown spots appear. Cut and serve immediately.