Mushroom RisottoPRINT RECIPE
Dairy free, gluten free and vegan-friendly our Mushroom Risotto is simple to make and enjoy as a main or a vegetarian side dish. Surprising to some, not all wine is vegan suitable so we’ve replaced this classic edition with the acidity of lemon juice.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 10 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 cup medium grain rice (or Arborio rice), uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup Anathoth Farm Tomato Relish
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, heat olive oil and saute mushrooms for 3-4 minutes. Add fresh rosemary and rice, coating well with oil.
- Add vegetable stock, Tomato Relish, lemon juice and seasoning; bring to a simmer, stirring regularly to ensure the rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan (top with 1/2 cup of water if necessary to reduce sticking). Continue the cooking and stirring process for approx 20 mins until the stock has reduced and the rice has cooked through.
- Fold through frozen peas and heat through for several minutes.
- Serve as a main or side dish.