Onion & Rosemary FocacciaPRINT RECIPE
A delicious focaccia bread the family will love.
- ¼ cup high-grade flour
- ¼ tsp dried yeast
- 60ml warm water
- 500g high-grade flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 300ml warm water
- 2 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Caramelised Onion Relish, plus extra for topping
- 2 Tbsp chopped rosemary leaves, plus extra leaves for topping
- flaky salt
- Pre-ferment: place flour and dried yeast in a small bowl and pour in the warm water. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm, draught-free spot overnight or 24 hours.
- The next day, sift flour and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook. Add oil, warm water and pre-ferment. Mix until the dough is smooth and shiny. Add Caramelised Onion Relish and chopped rosemary and mix.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and a clean tea towel and leave in a warm, draught-free spot for 1 hour.
- Knock the dough back, cover again and leave for a further 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C. Grease a large shallow baking tray.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly-floured bench top and cut into 6 even-sized pieces. Roll each into rounds. Dimple the surface of each with your fingers, then brush liberally with olive oil. Sprinkle each with flaky salt.
- Sprinkle some extra rosemary leaves on each and dot surface with some extra Caramelised Onion Relish. Press down again to stud the topping into the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to prove until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap and place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until well browned. Remove from the oven and brush focaccia with olive oil. Remove from tray to a wire rack to cool.